The aerospace engineering department values the experiences and perspectives of our alumni who have gone on to pursue successful careers in industry, academia, and government. We rely on alumni counsel to keep our curriculum modern, and to arm our students with the most cutting-edge insight. Additionally, we aim to partner many of our students with alumni mentors as they are seeking guidance on their future career goals.
We invite alumni to connect with the department, especially those who wish to:
- Serve as an industry liaison
- Serve on an advisory council
- Speak to current students and faculty
If you are interested in becoming an alumni mentor, classroom speaker, or member of the alumni advisory council please contact the department at 814-865-2569 or email@example.com.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
The Penn State Engineering Alumni Society (PSEAS) sponsors numerous initiatives throughout the year and we encourage alumni to volunteer to make these events and programs successful.
- Student Mentoring: Volunteer to be paired as an alumni mentor to an undergraduate student.
- Resumania: Held in conjunction with Penn State's Career Fair each fall, Resumania provides students with access to alumni who can review resumes and provide valuable career guidance.
- PSEAS Faculty/Staff Awards: Help PSEAS in the annual selection process to recognize outstanding teachers, advisers, researchers, and support staff in the College of Engineering.
- Penn State Regional Rube Goldberg Machine Contest: Held in February, this annual "Olympics of Complexity" challenges students to move beyond traditional problem solving. Alumni volunteers are needed to help with judging, timekeeping, program distribution, and other tasks.
For more information on how to get involved with PSEAS, contact Emily Gallagher, Alumni Relations Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-865-9031.