Capstone Design Project
Consider partnering with Penn State to sponsor a senior capstone design project. Projects are offered as part of the Learning Factory and provide practical hands-on experience to students in a number of engineering disciplines.
Interdisciplinary teams of students work together to tackle projects sponsored by industrial clients. These teams collaborate with engineering faculty, who serve as mentors and advisers, to devise ideas to solve engineering problems. Students take these ideas from concept to reality by designing, prototyping, and simulating real solutions in state-of-the-art facilities.
This program challenges students to apply the knowledge and tools acquired during their undergraduate education to solve real-world engineering problems. It provides a unique opportunity for industry to partner with Penn State to help educate the next generation of world-class engineers.
Benefits to Sponsors:
- Uncovering fresh ideas and solutions to real problems
- Investigating low cost, low risk new ideas
- Creating corporate exposure opportunities throughout campus
- Improving engineering education at Penn State
- Interacting with bright, energetic, creative young minds
- Networking with other companies and Penn State faculty
- Identifying opportunities for future research projects